Friday, May 23, 2008

School's out for the summer!

Today was Aidan's last day of school as a kindergartener. Now's he's a big first grader and proud of it!! Here are some pictures of his last day at school. They had a school's out party.





Circle time - reminds me of his first day of kindergarten




What a cutie!





Aidan and Chris (one of his best friends) before the 3-legged race






some kids in Aidan's classroom





Tug 'o war - boys against girls



It still amazes me that my oldest is going to be in school all day long in a few short weeks! Yikes, that is kind've scary...at least to me. But I'm being the good mom and staying excited for Aidan. (Since we're on a 4 track/year-round schedule he'll start 1st grade on 7/7.) Most moms cry when their child starts kindergarten...me, I think I'm going to cry when he heads off to his first day as a 1st grader. (I'm chalking it up to pregnancy hormones.)




Kellen's last day of preschool was on Wednesday. They had a little program for us parents and then a picnic lunch and an ice cream bar. In typical Scott fashion, Kellen just stood on the stand while most of the other kids sang. Oh well, he still looked cute!






And lastly, here's a picture of the ABC club (Aidan, Brady and Chase). Aidan's little neighborhood buddies. (Chase is actually in our ward at church.) Everyday after school they ride their bikes in a loop around our immediate neighborhood, play basketball at Chase's house then end up playing baseball in our backyard and Brady's backyard. I love it! So much freedom...like what I got to enjoy as a child. I just hope their friendship continues to grow and they can continue to play like us grown-ups used to as a child. It'll be nice once Kellen is a little older so he can play like the big boys. He still doesn't understand why he can't ride his tricycle down the hill and around our cul-de-sacs like the ABC club does. Poor little guy....






playing baseball...with tennis balls. I hope that'll save us a fortune on potential window breaks.




The ABC Club

6 comments:

Kerrie said...

Doesn't it just make you so happy to see your kids have good friends! I think I am in love with your neighborhood.

Annie said...

I always think Natalie and Aiden are the same age. Sadly, she is not going to 1st grade, but to 3rd. They grow up so fast after they become "all day kids".

Brenda said...

I'm so jealous of your neighborhood! That is awesome! First grade was a hard one for me too. Good luck!

Janet + Craig said...

Oh WOW! I'm missing my babies too and trying to make Andrew stay one forever! Love, love, love the updates and pics of your boys! Keep them coming. Miss ya!

Susie & Ryan said...

Aidan and Kellen are the cutest! I miss my nephews! And of course my brother and sister in law as well. Hugz to all of you!

Meghan said...

The ABC club - how cute and fun that he has good friends so close!