Sunday, May 4, 2008

Colorado Mud!

Having a couple of open lots next to you is a blast for the kids. And it's nice for us parents to just allow our boys to play outside and run wild. Case in point.....


Saturday while Aidan was at a birthday party Kellen played outside in our lovely mud bog next to our house. Then today (yes a great Sabbath day activity) the kids "escaped" our house while I was talking to our neighbor who delivered a baby gift (see post above) to once again play in our mud bog.

Now for any of you familiar with Colorado soil it's clay based, at least here along the Front Range. What does that mean? It's VERY, VERY, sticky. The mud is literally like quicksand. There have been plenty of times when Aidan, Kellen and our neighbor Brady have gotten stuck in the mud. I'm so glad I purchased my flowerly knee length rainboots for those Mulberry (preschool) days. They've come in handy rescuing boys from the mud.

I told our neighbor (who has two boys of her own), no one can appreciate the joy (and pain) of being a mom of boys unless you have at least two of them. Am I right or am I right all you moms of multiple boys out there????

5 comments:

Kristen said...

That sure looks familiar!

Janet + Craig said...

Oh man, oh man, oh man! I would just flip! I guess I lucked out, stopping with the 1 boy, does that mean I'm off the hook for pictures like that one?

Meghan said...

Oh wow... I grew up with clay mud -I remember my mom throwing lots of brother's clothes away because the mud was so bad.

Kerrie said...

Oh I wish Ian had a brother but I am done done done!

Kerrie said...

Oh I wish Ian had a brother but I am done done done!