Friday, May 16, 2008

Happy Birthday to...

me! Yeah I know, pretty cheesy to create a post annoucing to everyone that it's my birthday, but it is my day and I reserve the right to be cheesy. It's a big milestone for me too and I'll tell you why:

First I'm the big 3-5 which means I'm no longer in my early 30's, but now creeping into my late 30's...yikes. Actually that wouldn't be such a big deal except for reason number two:

In two months I'll be having our 3rd and final child. (That's right the Scott legacy ends with this one...at least for now...that is until Aidan, Kellen or this baby have their own child when they are well into their 20's, graduated from college and most importantly married.) I wouldn't think having my 3rd child would be that big of a deal on my birthday except the age 35 seems to have these evil connotations added to it. Magically at 35 your eggs seem to deteriorate rapidly, greater chance for a Downs' baby, and other genetic problems. Yes, I know plenty women out there have children well into their late 30's and 40's, but for me it was a big deal. Maybe because we had so many hurdles to overcome to get to number 3 in the first place.

So...on that note my birthday has been like any other day except I've had the opportunity to talk to a few friends and family I haven't heard from in a while and that's always great!

5 comments:

Kerrie said...

Happy Birthday to you Jil! and, my baby girl turning 5, Isabella! It is a good day.

Brenda said...

Happy Pappy Birthday!

cori said...

happy birthday jyll! love ya lots!

Janet + Craig said...

You've had a birthday, shout Hooray! What a special day for a special friend. Miss you!

Lesa Ward said...

Happy Birthday Jyll!! I have dropped off the blogging world - but hope to hop back on soon!!! So fun to be the BIG 3-5!! I had a few twinges of YUCK turning 35!!! Too close to 40!!! Anyway - Happy Be-lated Birthday...