Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

One of the greatest things about Mother's Day are the gifts you receive from your kids. Kellen planted a flower in a little yellow pot at preschool and Aidan made this at school:







The first page says, "I love my mom more than... Star Wars." Nice to know Aidan loves me more than Star Wars because I know how much he's obsessed with everything Star Wars these days. Notice the two people fighting with light sabers down below. The second page Aidan created in his technology aka computers class. So cute, this is something I'll definitely treasure and show him years from now.

Anyway, my mother's day weekend was nice and low-key. Kind've strange this year not to have my mom or mother-in-law around, but hopefully we'll celebrate together next year. I did treat myself to a manicure and pedicure at a local nail salon. Pretty much all the mom's in Castle Rock were thinking the same thing, but thankfully I slipped in during their lull and didn't have to wait.

So far my feet and hands aren't too swollen yet from the pregnancy. Maybe I'll skip the elephant stump look this time around. (With Aidan, my feet and ankles became so swollen with the heat, working and who knows what else.)

I hope all you moms out there reading this had a great Mother's Day too. Next big event?....Turning 35 in a few days!

2 comments:

Kerrie said...

Happy Mothers Day to you! Glad you had a good one.

Susie & Ryan said...

Happy belated Mother's Day! By the way, you have the cutest little feet!