Sunday, April 27, 2008

Ding Dong!

Yesterday I had some quiet time to myself while Rick took the boys to the car wash. (They LOVE going through the drive-thru car washes and they are a dime a dozen here in CO.)

Anyway, I was enjoying my book when all of a sudden the doorbell rings. I go to answer it and it's our little neighbor Brady asking to see if Aidan could come out and play.

This may seem trivial to all of you, but I just loved that! I love living in a neighborhood with lots of young kids whom my kids can grow up and play with. And I just love that it's safe enough for a little 7 year old boy to walk over to our house and ask my son to play. Needless to say, once Aidan got home he ran over to Brady's house and they had a blast running away from Brady's older sister and then creating a little town out of rocks (we have plenty of them) in the puddles created by all the sprinkling those of us with new landscaping have been doing.

I really look forward to seeing Aidan and Brady's friendship grow and to see who Kellen will play with once he's a little older and can run off to a neighbor's house on his own. I just hope our immediate next door neighbor(s) turn out great. Right now it's an empty lot, but eventually we'll have a house and hopefully a young family next door to us. I'm rooting for 3 little boys right around my kids age.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

That is awesome! We have that same sense of security here too. I can just see Aidan's big ol' smile! Love that boy!

Janet + Craig said...

So cute!!!

thomalee said...

oh I'm so jealous! That's just how I grew up and these days around here it's just not like that. I long to live in a neighborhood that feels a little more let-your-kids-play-out-in-the-yard friendly.

Meghan said...

Love it - I hope we can live in a neighborhood like that too one day!

cori said...

jyll meyer...i can't belive it. i just stumbled on your blog...its cori lewis. i can't even believe it. as soon as i saw kellen, rick, i knew it was you. its been forever. i remember you having kellen, and that's it. we used to keep in touch. i have thought so much about you over the years.

please keep in touch.. what is your email?

mine is mccoybc@gmail.com

i will check in with you. love ya lots you cute thing!!!

and tara...i love ya too!