Monday, April 14, 2008

Out of the mouth of babes...

Last night I was getting Kellen ready for bed. I told him to take off his pants, but he was having hard time since he was holding Thomas the Tank Engine. So I told him I'd hold Thomas so he could take his pants off. I ended up dropping Thomas on the ground and Kellen says, "Mommy that's not nice, you need to give it to me nicely." So he proceeds to pick up Thomas, grabs my hand, puts it in my hand then holds out his hand so I can give it to him. He says, "See you need to give it to me nicely, Mommy."

I thought that was so cute I just had to grab him and shower him with hugs and kisses. (I guess they do really listen to you even though you feel like they aren't.)

3 comments:

Brenda said...

That's hilarious! He sure put you in your place!

Janet + Craig said...

Oh man, those tender moment are the best. Last night we were discussing Andrew's birthday cake and we were debating buying/making. Jenni stopped the convo by saying, "Mom, I really think you should make it because you are the best cook ever and it means more from you." I was waiting for the punch line or the request of computer games, but they didn't come.

It happens so fast!!!

Kerrie said...

I love those sweet moments. They make you so proud to be their Mom!