Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Out of the mouth of Babes...I mean a kindergartener...

So another cute kid moment I just had to share. I was driving Aidan and his friend to school today when I overheard them talking about girlfriends. Supposedly Aidan's friend Chris has 3 girlfriends. So Aidan piped in that he has a girlfriend too. Being the nosey mom that I am asked who she was. "I can't remember her name, I keep forgetting." Aidan says. (Problem number 1 in the girlfriend department.) "Is she a girl from school?" I asked and Aidan said she's a girl from church.

Since Rick and I teach the class right in front of his I asked him to describe her. He says, "She has long hair..." So I asked if it was a girl named Madison and he said no. So I asked if it was Amanda and he said yes!

Now, like I said, I sit right in front of his class and never see him talking to her (maybe they sit together in the classroom) and I find it cute that he hasn't noticed yet she cut her hair months ago.

He then proceeded to tell me she asked him to be her boyfriend a while ago. Hmm, I think I'm safe to think this little love affair has peetered out. Can't this thing wait until they are teenagers. What's up with 6 year olds having girlfriends anyway?

4 comments:

Janet + Craig said...

I'm with you on the waiting thing man! Jenni had 2 boyfriends in Kindergarten and in 1st grade she was seriously stalked by 2 boys, one proposed... with a ring!!! I did the jig in my heart when he moved half way through the year.

Janet + Craig said...

Oh, and at least he's looking in the right place, right?!?!

Brenda said...

You're in for it now! LOL!

Susie & Ryan said...

Oh that is soooooooooooo cute! And I also loved Kellen's words of wisdom on how to hand things to another person properly. Mom, did you forget??? I miss my nephews and want to give both of them infinite hugz and kisses!