Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Our 4 month old and loosening the apron strings

So, wow time just flies, Curren turned 4 months old yesterday!

(love the deer caught in the headlights look. Still can't always catch him smiling.)

Some stats. for those of you keeping track:

Wt. - 16lbs. 11 oz - 90% (a little less than Kellen, definitely more than Aidan:)
Ht. - 25.75 - 85% - our longest baby so far...hmm
HC - 16.75 - our smallest baby head:)


Curren just loves, loves people. He's always smiling, he's starting to giggle and loves to watch and interact with his big brothers.

He loves to be held, but facing out so he can see what's going on around him.

He loves playing in his playyard batting at his toys.

He's getting really good lifting his head up high while on his tummy. And amazingly enough doesn't really mind tummy time.

He usually likes sitting in his little bumbo seat while we eat dinner. He definitely feels a part of the family that way.

He's beginning to sleep better at night, but I'm still not always sure what the nighttime will bring.

His big brother's just love him to pieces. I can't wait until Curren gets a little older and starts running around and playing with them. I guess that will be the true test to see how much Kellen loves playing with him. Right now, Kellen can't wait until he can start playing cars with him.

Happy 4 months Baby Curren, we love you!


Sigh, now onto the apron strings. Aidan had his first sleepover last night. I honestly didn't think I would be so anxious and kind've sad about the whole thing. For those of you who remember when he was young he was soooo attached to me. His first year of preschool was so difficult for him. Going into nursery at church was hard. He didn't like being away from home for any length of time. Man have times changed. He has grown and matured so much. I love seeing him interact with his friends, but I have to admit a little part of me is sad that my baby is gone. I felt a little ache in my heart when I headed upstairs to bed last night and saw his door open and realized he wasn't in there fast asleep. I'm glad he had a good time and as I type this he's busy swimming his little heart out with his friend from his old school in Castle Pines.

Aidan will always be my baby, my firstborn baby, but like his brother's he's etched a special place in my heart.

Oh, and mom and dad, he made it through the night. Unlike me:) (I was notoriously bad at waking in the middle of the night wanting to go home. Thankfully my dad was so patient and would pick me up from my friend's house dressed in his pj's.)

4 comments:

Janet + Craig said...

I can't believe he's 4 months already! He's really starting to look like his brothers!

Ah, those moments... they are so hard aren't they?!?! I look at Jennifer now, she's beginning to look like a young lady instead of my first, my little girl and it makes me all teary eyed. It truly does go by so fast!

Lori Wright said...

He looks so much like Kellen! Your kids are growing so fast!

Lesa Ward said...

Time does fly! What handsome boys you have!! We hope to some day meet them all!!!

thomalee said...

He is just so cute!! Don't you love watching him start to interact with his brothers? so fun! They are all growing way too fast! A sleepover? I'm definitely not ready for that.