Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving weekend

Well to sum it up we had a great Thanksgiving weekend. Rick's mom Elva arrived Monday and then his sister Susie and her husband Ryan arrived late Wednesday night. We had lots of Scott's over at our house enjoying some thanksgiving grub and I have to say it was really good. My sister, Elva's husband Jose and Rick's uncle Rico and his girlfriend Rebecca all joined us on Thanksgiving day.
Yummo TG feast

Hanging out with his human jungle gym - Uncle Ryan
Finally captured a smile on camera
Friday I was expecting some snow, but it turned out to be a gorgeous day and we spent it in this cute little town nestled in the foothills called Morrison. It's home to The Morrison Natural History Museum. (Super cute and very informative museum, primarily focusing on dinosaurs. Did you know a ton of dinosaurs lived here in CO?) And Morrison is home to one of the best concert venues - Red Rocks Amphitheater. Seriously it's way cool. I saw my first concert there at the ripe old age of 12 (without parents, can you even do that nowadays?). Can you guess who I saw? Depeche Mode, baby! It was GREAT! And for those of you fans of U2 (yep, that's you Linda) The Sunday Bloody Sunday concert video was filmed at Red Rocks. And if I remember correctly one of our family friends was at that concert, cool huh? Well maybe just to me, but being at Red Rocks sure brings back some memories.
Big T-Rex at the Morrison Natural History Museum
Petting Silvy the snake
Helping to excavate a real dinosaur fossil found right here in Morrison, CO
Kellen's turn
At Red Rocks
Pretty cool place for a concert, huh? Aidan in the blue in the middle.
Saturday we received some snow, but Sunday when we weren't expecting any snow we were slammed with a pretty good storm. About 6 inches! It made my sister-in-law very happy! Plus the two older boys were excited too. What's better than playing in the snow with their aunt and uncle.

I didn't get any pictures, but our neighbor was having a blast "helping" to clear out our cul-de-sac with his ATV. It was fun to watch all the fathers outside clearing out their driveways a couple of times that day.

Now it's back to reality. Although Rick's been enjoying himself this week. One of his BFF (I know sounds girlie, but it's true) Brett flew into CO to meet up with his brothers and sister in the VERY posh resort town of Beaver Creek. And since Rick's practically a Galbraith he got to join them. They've been spending time snowboarding their little hearts out and roughing it Ritz Carlton style. Poor babies, huh? I just keep reminding him, one of these days I'll be heading out for some serious fun without the kiddos too! But until then the kiddos and I have been having a pretty good time at home. They really have been pretty good, I have to admit. (It does help that I've bribed them with their own choice of dinners and reminding them Santa is watching and will bring coal if they aren't good.)
2nd snowman of the season
Some Christmas decorations. It's hard to put lights on our house. Can't climb on the tile roof and it's too high.

4 comments:

Hart Family said...

That sounds so fun. Your house is so cute! I'm sure Gary would have loved to get in on the fun with Brett and Rick!

Brenda said...

That snow looks great! I have a favor to ask you. I sent out my Christmas cards yesterday and I remember double checking them with my address book to make sure I didn't forget anyone. I remember not seeing your card and swearing that I had wrote one out for you, but then I forgot to double double check. So if you don't get one in a week or so, let me know:) Sorry, that was a bit of an obnoxious comment! Your Thanksgiving looked awesome!

Kerrie said...

Okay the snow doesn't look that bad, I think that I could do it! It looks like you had a great Thanksgiving with family! Your boys are so adorable, and I love when we can threaten them with coal!

Janet + Craig said...

Oh how fun, all of it. The boys are sure growing fast. Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Love the snowman! (Minus the cold to build it, I'm a whimp!)