Sunday, November 23, 2008

Aidan happenings

On Friday Aidan's class had a "Thankful Social". Kellen, Curren and I attended. It was pretty cute. We met in the library and the kids each had a picture they colored talking about the 1st Thanksgiving and then they sang a couple of songs and shared what they are thankful for. The "I Am Thankful" presentation was created on the computer using Kidz Art. Aidan says he's thankful for his two cats who make him laugh. Afterwards, we all headed over to the classroom for treats and a little socializing.

He was so cute and nervous reading his part in the program.

Apple Cider and pumpkin treats - yummo!

I really love seeing Aidan interact with his buddies. And he's still young enough to like me coming to see him at school:).

Aidan's best buddy - Parker.

(A little side note about his best buddy. A couple of weeks ago Rick had lunch with Aidan at school. When Rick arrived and walked over to wait for Aidan and his class enter the cafeteria he noticed Aidan wasn't there. He had been with his reading tutor so he walked in late. His buddy was already sitting down with some other classmates, but when he saw Aidan walk in he got up and asked him where he wanted to sit. Isn't that so sweet? I'm so glad they are buddies.)

In other news:

Aidan FINALLY lost another tooth last night. Last year he lost his two bottom teeth and then nothing. Now he has 4, I mean 3 teeth loose.

Right before bed he walked out of his room to show me he pulled his tooth out. I grabbed the tooth and put it in a little alligator tooth fairy thingy-ma-gig my mom bought him last year and set it on his dresser right by the door. (Hint, hint, easy access for the tooth fairy, right?)
For some reason I don't remember, I walk back into his room and noticed the head of the alligator was off so I asked him where he put his tooth. He told me he put it in this little glittery bag (I used this for his other two teeth because I had nothing else for him) and stuck it right under the middle of his pillow. UGH!! How the heck is the tooth fairy going to get to it? Anyway, the tooth fairy succeeded in taking the tooth and giving him $1.

No comments: