Thursday, November 6, 2008

Halloween...better late than never

Okay so I'm a week late posting pictures, but here are some highlights on our Halloween.
On Monday for Family Home Evening we carved our pumpkins. I decided to let the kids design their own this time around.


Kellen had a little Fall Harvest party at school, but he did get to dress up and have a little parade for the parents.



Aidan had a Fall party on Halloween, but didn't get to dress-up and we had to make sure there weren't any references to Halloween...whatever! Thankfully his teacher is more lenient about the whole event so some Haloweeenish items slipped their way into the party.

After Aidan got home from school the kids and I all drove to downtown Castle Rock to do some trick-or-treating on the street. We went last year and I thought it was fun and since I wouldn't be taking the kids out trick-or-treating in the evening I wanted to see them get some candy.



Aunt Kirsten came over for dinner and after eating off the boys went (minus Curren, of course) to do some more trick-or-treating. They got LOADS of candy and unfortunately we had too much. So yours truly broke her Weight Watchers diet and had loads of candy herself and LOVED every minute of it:)

Our ward (combined with our old ward before they split) had a Trunk-or Treat night at our Stake President's barn, but since it was on All Hallow's Eve we opted not to go. Bummer! I wanted to go to both, but we have such a great neighborhood we stayed close. I'm hoping next year they'll reserve the barn early so it won't be on Halloween.


All in all a fun week and night for the kiddos. Now I just want all the candy to disappear.

3 comments:

Kerrie said...

It looks like a great Halloween! fun times!

Janet + Craig said...

So cute! I'm trying to avoid the bags... it's hard huh?!?!

Hart Family said...

Hey Jyll! We're back in the blog biz. Our new address is hartyhart.blogspot.com. Hope all is well with your adorable family.