Friday, June 20, 2008

What a cutie patootie!


Yep, that's right Aidan now has glasses and doesn't he look great in them? About a month ago his kindergarten teacher informed me she noticed while working one on one with him that he was having a hard time focusing on things close up. I had taken him to the optometrist a year ago, but I decided we better have his eyes checked again. Sure enough poor little guy has been working his eyes really hard and definitely needed glasses. He was really excited to get them. I'm terrified he'll lose them! We're trying to get him used to them by having him wear them while in the house. Unfortunately the nose thingies bug him a bit.

So a little plug for optometrists...take your kids to get their eyes checked. You never know if they are having problems with their eyesight. I'm so thankful we caught this because knowing Aidan's little personality, he'd get really frustrated by his school work (if he couldn't see it well enough) and would ultimately stop trying very hard.

4 comments:

Annie said...

He is a cutie!

Janet + Craig said...

He does look cute. Good thing you caught it now. We've taken Jenni 2 times and she insists we take her again in the fall, she really WANTS glasses. Go figure!

Kerrie said...

He looks so stinking cute! I remember in 5th grade when I told my Mom that the eye exams at school were so stupid because they were so easy to cheat on. I had glasses within a week, I was so blind!

Brenda said...

He looks like a smartie! So handsome!