Friday, June 20, 2008

Don't attempt an all day zoo trip while 33 weeks pregnant!

Last week Aidan was in a zoo camp with his friend Brennan. Thursday was my day to drive both ways so I thought it would be a great day for Kellen and I to spend the day at the zoo. (Aidan's zoo camp was from 9-4pm.) Usually when we go to the zoo we end up spending the day there no problem, but I forgot one important component...I was 33 weeks pregnant. I forgot how painful it is to walk around (even with tennis shoes) for any length of time. My feet and back started killing me.
Kellen and I did go to the zoo with our neighbors and still had a great time. Kellen and our neighbor Memphis just love to play together and usually his mom and I spend most afternoons outside while Kellen, Memphis, Aidan and his buddies all play and ride bikes outside.
Anyway, back to our zoo trip. Kellen and I only lasted until 1:30pm or so and I decided we'd head somewhere to get some ice cream. I'd barely left the parking lot when Kellen was fast asleep. So I just parked the car and hung out for about 45 minutes to an hour and then we enjoyed an ice cream at Cold Stone. It was so nice to just sit in the car and rest my feet and back for a while. By the time we got back from Cold Stone it was time to pick up Aidan and his buddies.
Of course next week, I have plans to hit the zoo in CO Springs with a friend. This one is also very hilly. What am I thinking? Although, I don't have to stay there all day like I did at the Denver Zoo.
Aidan with his zoo camp group (not a great picture, but I was trying to be discreet)

Memphis and Kellen

2 comments:

Janet + Craig said...

You're braver than I am! Glad you had a little time re-coop. Once this baby arrives it's go, go, go, take it easy a little lady!

Kerrie said...

all that walking will be great for the labor!