Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving fun

Is Thanksgiving over already? And Christmas is less than 30 days away? Yikes! But I digress.

We had a great time with family. Elva, (Rick's mom) arrived Monday afternoon and then Jose, (Elva's husband) and then Susie and Ryan (Rick's sister and her husband) all arrived on Wednesday. Of course the week they decide to come turns out to be the coldest week we've had since we've moved here. We had two snowy days, although only about 2-3 inches total, but it was really cold!

On Turkey Day, Susie, Ryan, Rick, me, the kids and Kirsten all braved the frigid temperatures (19 degrees to be exact) to run/walk in the Turkey Rock Trot. A 3 mile fun run in The Meadows the housing development we'll be moving to in the early spring. Although it was really, really, really cold we had a great time. Aidan did great, he walked/ran almost the whole way with his Aunt Kirsten. I followed behind with Kellen in the jogger. Poor little guy was pretty cold even though he had his winter jacket and a blanket wrapped around him. It was hard for me to gage how cold he might be since I got pretty warm from running/walking the 3 miles. Plus, he's a silent sufferer. He hardly ever complains unless he really hurts.

Thanksgiving dinner was great! We had 11 people in our little townhouse, but thankfully for a big table all the adults fit. Aidan and Kellen sat at their own little table. Of course everyone ate too much, but what's Thanksgiving dinner for? Overindulgence, right? Oh ya, and to remember why we are so thankful to live in such a beautiful country and to be surrounded by our family. I'm definitely thankful for both.

So, what do you do in the snow? Go sledding! There is a great hill right around the corner from our rental where we spent about 2 hours sledding. As you'll see in the pictures, not a lot of snow, but definitely enough to make the sledding fun and fast! The kids had a blast going down the hill and I think Kellen was the only one who enjoyed going uphill too. He got a ride up everytime! Thanks Uncle Ryan!

I know I use slide.com too much, but there were too many great pictures from last week I just had to include most of them. Enjoy the show!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I can't decide if I'm jealous of the snow or not! Sledding looked like so much fun! Good luck with the napping changes! That's always such a sad day when they give up the naps!

thomalee said...

Good job on the frigid turkey trot! I like to tell myself I'll start running soon...we'll see! Have fun in the snow:)

Meghan said...

Looks like fun! You're a champ to run in that weather... have to say it brought back memories of running in a blizzard in my skimpy track uniform. Those were the days. Love the pics of the boys and their snow angels!