Friday, November 2, 2007

Halloween part deux

The fun never ends on Haloween. (Neither does the candy...unfortunately.) My dad and Valentina called on Tuesday to say they wanted to come and spend the rest of the week with us and my sister. They arrived on Wednesday just as we were getting ready to head to downtown Castle Rock for some trick-or-treating on the street.

The kids had a great time and Aidan couldn't get us to move fast enough to get to the next balloon-decorated store giving out candy. I seriously think he thought he'd miss all the excitement (and the candy) if we didn't rush from store to store. I have to say downtown Castle Rock is really great. Trick-or-treating was a great way for me to see many of the unique stores in town. It's not quite at the caliber of downtown Los Gatos or Palo Alto. But I do think it was fairly comparable to downtown Willow Glen and bigger. There are two main streets (Perry and Wilcox) plus several side streets that make up downtown. However, I digress, back to Halloween.

It wouldn't be Halloween without bundling up in our heavy coats to go trick-or-treating in the neighborhoods in the evening. Unfortunately we only had 2 trick-or-treaters - Aidan and Kellen so we have a TON of candy I've got to get rid of and fast before Rick and I eat it all and gain about 50lbs. each! Thankfully I have a sister who works in an office so she'll be taking it with her next week.


No comments: