Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Downtown Denver

The weather has been so nice here that I've been wanting to spend as much time outdoors as possible. So, on Saturday we drove up to Denver to check out some sights. Our first stop was 16th Street Mall. An outdoor pedestrian street filled with shops and restaurants several blocks long. I remember loving 16th Street Mall as a child. They have some great shops, but none of us were in the mood to go shopping.

So instead we walked down to the State Capital building. 31 years ago my dad took a picture of me standing on the steps. (I was the same age as Kellen in the picture.) Now why is that so significant? Well besides the fact I visited that same site many years later with my children, one step is etched with the words, "One mile above sea level". I always thought that was pretty cool.






What's a trip to downtown Denver without visiting a museum? We ended our journey with The Denver Museum of Nature and Science. Once again, another trip down memory lane because I always remembered the huge T-Rex in the entrance. I wasn't disappointed, they still have it at the entrance. Unfortunately that kind've made up Kellen's mind about the museum. He didn't want to see any of the exhibits. Oh well, that didn't stop us. Rick and I just took turns trying to appease Kellen with some kid-friendly sites while Aidan enjoyed everything.



And for a little Christmas cheer...we decorated our Trader Joe's gingerbread house. Thanks Elva for bringing it at Thanksgiving!




1 comment:

Brenda said...

love the memory lane pics. I have done the same type of things with my kids. You were quite the cutie!