Monday, December 17, 2007

Happy Birthday Monkey!

Kellen is 3 today and it's amazing at how quickly time flies. On one hand, turning 3 isn't such a big number, especially when the person who is typing this will be turning the BIG 35 next spring, but a lot has occurred over Kellen's last 3 years of life.


I remember when I was pregnant with him and wondering how the heck will I love another child as much as I love Aidan? I was even crazy enough to ask my friends...strange as that sounds, but maybe not. To love your children is such an all encompassing thing that it almost seems impossible to have more love to give, but of course you do.


I was so excited to find out that Kellen was a boy too. After my brother and his family came to visit when Aidan was only 18 months old and I saw how his two oldest boys played together I really wanted Aidan to have a buddy he could play with and count on at all times. Sure they fight and get into trouble, but even though they are 3 1/2 years apart they are truly buddies and partners in crime.

I can see as Kellen gets older he will be the one to try and persuade his big brother to do things they shouldn't be doing. (And Aidan will be the one to say we shouldn't be do this.) Kellen's just that kind of kid. He's our little wanderer...in the middle of the night. Rick's no longer sleeping very well because he's concerned Kellen is wandering somewhere around the house. And he usually is. I hope the novelty wears off.


Happy Birthday Monkey! We love you and we're so glad you're a part of our family.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Carson is a monkey too. Must be a second child thing. Happy Birthday Kellen! We miss you!

Janet + Craig said...

Happy Birthday Kellen! WOW Jyll, the time sure flies. I remember having lots of those conversations with you. It all works itself out doesn't it.

Time for #3 girl!