Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The sweetest story....

Today when I went to pick up Kellen from preschool the director stopped me and told me he was a little sad today during chapel time. I guess they read the story about Baby Moses and his teacher looked up from her reading to see Kellen with tears in his eyes! The directory rushed over and scooped him up in her lap and asked him why he was so sad. Like a typical 3 1/2 year old he couldn't really articulate why he was so sad, but when she asked if he was afraid someone would do that to his baby brother he said yes.

What a total sweetie! He was probably sad because he was afraid someone would put Curren in a little basket and set him off down the river. Thankfully the preschool director reminded him that the story ended well and he heard it for himself too.

My sweet little boy is so protective and loves his baby brother sooo much. He can't stop giving him kisses and singing songs to him. As for Aidan, I think I stated in a previous post that he always runs upstairs after eating breakfast to see how Curren is doing and loves to pick out his outfit every morning. This baby boy sure is loved!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

What a sweetie! Don't you just love how tender-hearted they can be?

Kerrie said...

I love to see the bonds between siblings. He is a lucky boy to have two such good big brothers.

Emily Jones said...

That is so sweet. Your boys are so cute and will be life long friends. I'm glad someone noticed his emotion and comforted him. It's good to know the school cares so much. Love it, thanks for sharing.
P.S. He might feel different when Curan starts getting into his stuff and playing with his toys...hide your baskets. Just kidding

denabobena said...

Yes it is so cute how nice they can be to their baby but they can also be too helpful! That is amazing how he cried about baby moses being put in a basket because I have never even thought about how sad and scary that would be. what a sweepea!