Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A cute story about Aidan and the caves

I forgot to mention this in my blog about Vail, but it was so cute I had to post it.

While in the caves, the guide told us about some cave explorers who in 1958 crawled through an area called Jam Crack to discover a huge part of the cave now known as The Barn. Anyway, Cam crack at it's widest point is only 8 1/2 inches so the cavers had to do something known in the caving world as compression breathing. It's where you take a deep breath, then try to fold your shoulders in towards you while squeezing through the crack. The guide asked us if we were ready to squeeze through Jam Crack. (Of course us adults knew he was kidding), but Aidan turns to me with a look of death on his face and whispers solemnly, "Mom, I don't want to do that."

Kids, they are such innocent little beings. Something I keep reminding myself when they behave so horribly. Gotta love them.

1 comment:

Susie & Ryan said...

I just love that little boy! I wouldn't want to do that either. He is so cute.