Monday, October 1, 2007

Over the hill and through the woods to Grandpa's house we go...

We spent last weekend at my dad and step-mom's house in a little town called Battlement Mesa. It's about 3 1/2 hours west of us and about an hour east of Grand Junction.



My dad has about an acre of land which was a lot of fun for the kids to explore, but the highlight of their yard is the pond and waterfall. Kellen constantly wanted to play car wash and Aidan just had fun watching the water fall and playing with the "rock town" my step-mom Valentina painted.




Besides playing in the yard we enjoyed their jacuzzi complete with amazing views of the mesas and swam at their rec. center. I couldn't believe how much the boys ate too! I don't think we've ever seen them eat so much and definitely not at someone else's house. Especially when there is a great backyard to play in.




The drive to and from my dad's house is one of the best I've seen. What could be better than traveling through all the ski resorts enjoying the beautiful fall colors. (Okay, maybe PCH is better, but you're comparing ocean and mountain and that's not the same.) Plus the added bonus of a little snow on our drive back home. Thankfully none on the road, but some snow scattered along the mountain tops. We stopped off at Glenwood Springs - world renowned for their hot springs. The kids, once again had a blast playing in the pool and they were actually tall enough (both of them) to go down the waterslides with us.




The closest ski resort is only about 1 1/2 hours away! We're looking forward to ski/snowboard season! I'm trying to entice Kellen to get potty trained in time for ski season so he can go to ski school too like his brother. So far it's not working too well....I still hold out hope.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Don't you love that you're kids have awesome places to "explore"? My kids love my parents house because it's in the country. Let me know if you need snowboards! My bro-in-law has his own business manufacturing them! They're the best!

Janet + Craig said...

Love the view! Thanks for sharing. We miss you guys but love "catching up" this way!

Meghan said...

Can I be one of your kids? You and Rick have got to be the coolest parents ever with all of your adventures. Good luck with the potty-training!