Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Our little one month old!


Curren is now one month old and boy did the time go by fast! He started off slow (weight-wise), but has sure made up for lost time. He's now 9 lbs. 14 oz. Way to go Curren!


The older boys absolutely love him. Aidan comes in every morning after breakfast to see how he's doing and to help pick out his outfit. He understands more that Curren can't really do anything right now, but I can just see how much he loves his baby brother by the way he acts around him. As for Kellen, he can't get enough of him either. He just loves to kiss him all the time and sing little made-up songs to him. It's so cute...although I have to watch him, he has a tendency to touch a little too much and sometimes too hard. Thankfully he hasn't taken any of his frustrations out on Curren.

So a little more about Curren:

He loves to be held! Don't all babies, or are mine the only ones? I have a hard time putting him down for naps...but I'm working on it. Thankfully as a mother of 3 I know it'll come. I have 2 awesome sleepers so we'll get there. We have discovered that he really, really needs his naps in the morning otherwise, the witching hour is fast and fierce in the evening.

He also loves to look around and listen to people talk to him. He's starting to turn when his brothers talk to him and my mom and I think we've gotten a smile out of him too. He definitely giggles and smiles a lot in his sleep.

2 comments:

Janet + Craig said...

He's so cute! I can't believe it's already been a month! WOW, that did go by fast. How are you holding up on your own? I know it's a transition... I think it was the hardest, well besides the first and that whole rude (I mean amazing...) awakening!

denabobena said...

Hey Jyll, your little guy is so cute and so newborn. Audrey is 3 1/2 mos. and does not have that little newborn look anymore. It makes me sad. I even cried as I started putting away her clothes that didn't fit.