Monday, August 11, 2008

13 years ago today...


Rick and I were married in the Oakland LDS Temple. Wow! 13 years already, although we've been together for the better part of 17 years. Amazing, huh?


I first remember meeting Rick in Ms. Gomez's geometry class. I thought he was pretty cute, but I was dating someone else at the time so we just ended up as casual friends, that is until my senior year in high school.


So many memories, so many weekend trips throughout Cali, so many trips to Cabo San Lucas and 3 kids later.....


I couldn't imagine being with anyone else. We know each other so well, we can practically predict what we're going to say to each other or what one is going to do next.


Now what to expect for the next 13 years? (Hopefully we can look forward to another 13 years.)Still just 3 kids (our shop is closed, folks), lots of camping trips ahead, definitely more Cabo trips to enjoy the resort life, but to also visit the Galbraith family. Hopefully a trip to Europe for Rick and I. We wanted to do that about 4 years ago, but I thankfully became pregnant with little Kellen.


Happy Anniversary honey, here's to many more years ahead! Love you!

4 comments:

Janet + Craig said...

So sweet and tender! Congrats to you both!

Love that wedding picture too!!!

tracie said...

Hi there!!!! Congrats on 13 years. Troy and I just celebrated our 4 years yesterday. Congrats on little Curren too. Troy mentioned you guys were in the room next to us. I would have stopped by but you guys left so soon. Hope all is well!!!!

Kerrie said...

13 years! CONGRATULATIONS!

Linda said...

Congratulations on all the big events in your month...I haven't seen you and just know we've been thinking of you and just trying to stay out of your hair (I was always so overwhelmed with a baby that I just needed SPACE!). Take care, hope to see you soon!