Friday, August 1, 2008

Evil word of the week - Bilirubin

Poor little Curren has been poked and proded 4 times in his short little one week life and his little body decided not to follow the trend with his bilirubin count so now the little guy is on phototherapy treatment. At first I freaked out about it thinking, how the heck am I'm going to keep this little guy under a bed of lights without clothes on? But thankfully the process is much easier than I thought.


Apria healthcare brought over what is called a therapy blanket. It's kind've like a hotpad attached to a little generator like thing. It produces a blue light and you just slide it under a onesie on his tummy or back. So I can essentially keep the light on him for most of the day. Whew! Much needed relief, although a little tricky for sleeping at night, but it's only for the weekend...I hope. Keep your fingers crossed that Curren's bilirubin count will have dropped dramatically by Monday's appt.



Now, a little bit of randomness from our first week having Curren home.




A deer dropped by our house for a little drink.



1st sponge bath.

What a great big brother...too bad Curren was too hungry to care.

What a sweet little boy. 1 week old!

7 comments:

Emily Jones said...

Oh, that bilirubin. Poor baby getting poked so much. I think it is harder on mommy though!
Everyone looks so cute and happy. Hey send that deer down our way, Tanner loved that picture when I told him that was at Kellan's house.

Brenda said...

Oh he's so beautiful! I hope he feels better soon. Kellen looks sooo big next to him. Of course, he looked big next to Carson too.

Oldham Zoo said...

Jyll - We are so lucky to have you guys as neighbors. I just love your blog. You are amazing in getting anything done, let alone all you have been doing with a newborn. Anyways, that is fun. Lynnea

Kiora said...

He is just darling. Congratulations!

Janet + Craig said...

Well you've got my prayers! Love the pictures. Keep them coming. I can almost imagine holding him. Hope you're hangin' in the there!

cori said...

he is an angel. absolutely the cutest baby!

bad bad bilirubin..

thomalee said...

we had to do the whole bili blanket thing with Rachel too...I remember stressing about it. No fun, but usually it clears right up! He's so cute by the way :)