Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Our big 1st grader

Today is Aidan's first day of school as a 1st grader and unfortunately at a new school. Thankfully he has several friends in our neighborhood to walk to the school bus with, but no one he knows in his class. He's a trooper though. Although as I'm sitting here typing this I'm sure he's as nervous as he can be in his classroom.


Here are some pictures of Aidan and 2 of his friends from his ABCK club/bike posse walking to the school bus. I have to say Brady was so cute when the bus actually arrived, he kind've corralled Aidan onto the bus. Knowing Brady he also helped him find where to line up for school.



Brady(farthest), Aidan and Keegan



Brady (2nd grade), Kellen, Aidan (1st grade), Keegan (kindergarten), Juliana waiting for the bus.







Brady and Aidan getting on the bus.



I can't wait to hear how his day went and about the new friends he met at school. Wow, it's still hard for me to believe that 7 years ago I was starting my maternity leave from Ariba and anxiously awaiting the arrival of Aidan. So much has changed in all our lives and time has just flown by.

4 comments:

Janet + Craig said...

WOW! Is it year round school? He looks so handsome! Man are you in trouble. Can you fight off the girls until he gets home from his mission???

Bret Bushman Family said...

Rick and Jyll,
We discovered your blog and have enjoyed looking at it. Congradulations on the soon to be addition to your family. Your blog is awesome, you have very handsome boys, and you guys look great. Our blog is bretbushmanfamily.blogspot.com Check it out. Hope to hear from you. Bret and Shauna Bushman

Annie said...

An all day kid! That has always been the hardest year for me. I can't believe how grown up the boys are getting.

thomalee said...

Crazy that school is in session...and you have a first grader! I hope you're feeling good these last couple weeks of your pregnancy. I've been thinking about you and can't wait to see some photos of the new little guy. How exciting!!