Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Aidan!

Okay so I'm a day late on writing a post about Aidan. He actually turned 7 yesterday, but I was so busy running back and forth to doctor's offices (for the kids) and school that I just didn't have the time...bad mom, I know!

But, wow! I still can't believe Aidan is 7. Where did the time go? I still remember 7 years ago being on maternity leave from work and wondering what my firstborn would look like. How his little personality would develop. (Both Rick and I were told we were mellow, easy babies so we thought for sure Aidan would be too...ha, ha, ha were we in for it.)

I remember walking around Costco on the late afternoon of the 20th and having to stop every few minutes because my contractions had started. Then driving to the hospital later that evening while my mom was driving up from Santa Maria to be there after Aidan arrived. (She had no idea we had already gone to the hospital when she arrived at our house late that night.)

When Aidan was finally born I was amazed at how beautiful he was and thinking, I'm a mother now and what the heck have I gotten myself into. I had always wanted a child with blue eyes thinking I would never get one since Rick and I both have brown eyes and with Rick's coloring. But our little Aidan is our beautiful blue-eyed, blond haired boy and we love him like crazy.

I could never imagine our world without him even at his most colicky moments as an infant. And thinking a year ago last May we were going to lose him when he was having his seizure in our car and we just couldn't get to the fire station fast enough.

Aidan brings so much joy to our lives and we're so glad he is a part of our family forever! We love you Aidan!


Now on to his birthday party. He had a great time with his friends and the magician we hired. The magician was fabulous and us adults stood stunned half the time trying to figure out how he did most of his tricks. Here's a slide show of some of the highlights:



No comments: