Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July festivities...

We had a great, relaxing, fun-filled 4th of July. And it included NO TRAFFIC! We went swimming, met up with some friends at the pool, came home, ran down to a neighbor's house so the kids could play on their waterslide.

Trekked up our street, gathered our BBQ, food and goodies and walked over to our other neighbor's house to BBQ and start the fireworks.


I remember as a child growing up here we always had such a blast on the 4th of July. Why? Because friends and family would gather on our street to let off fireworks. I didn't realize how much I missed those days until last night when friends and neighbors gathered on our cul-de-sac to eat dinner, visit and enjoy letting off fireworks. No more having to drive somewhere to watch a big fireworks show. Although the town of Castle Rock does offer a big show, but who wants to be stuck in traffic all night? No thanks! After our own little grand finale we noticed a big fireworks show off in the distance so we enjoyed the best of both worlds. What's better than that?
(Unfortunately my pictures of our fireworks weren't so great. Too dark and far away with my camera and by the end of the day my feet were killing me so I wasn't about to get up and get a closer shot...sorry...gotta just picture it in your minds.)

No comments: