Saturday, January 5, 2008

Ratatouille Success

Kellen received the movie Ratatouille for his birthday and it's become Aidan's favorite movie. Like my friend Brenda's kids, Aidan begged me to make Ratatouille for dinner one night. And like Brenda I scoffed at the idea thinking there is no way they are going to eat the vegetables. But to help follow through on my New Year's Resolutions and to appease Aidan I made it for my family last night. And you know what? It was really, really good! Aidan was a trooper and he ate almost 2 servings of Ratatouille and didn't even touch his rice! Amazing! Usually he will only eat rice. Kellen on the other hand didn't try the Ratatouille, but that's okay 3 out of 4 is good enough for me.



Last night we also had a "Meet your Teacher" activity at church with doughnuts and hot cocoa so after the success of Ratatouille I felt good about Aidan topping off the night with a sugar fix!



Here's a picture of our almost empty pan of Ratatouille. Thanks Brenda for the yummy recipe and thanks Aunt Susie and Uncle Ryan for the movie.


1 comment:

Brenda said...

Whew! I'm so glad he liked it. My kids are asking for it again!