Wednesday, January 16, 2008

2+1=5?

Either I've forgotten how to add or a little bundle is expected to arrive on or around 7/30.




Aidan - 2001


Kellen - 2004


Rick is very excited about the prospect of a girl. Sure, I'd love a girl, but I'm not getting my hopes up and the most important thing to me is that the baby is healthy. So far, all is going well and (because age-wise I'm on the cusp of being considered an older mom, ha, ha) the tests so far are promising that we have a healthy baby developing.



Rick told the kids on Monday night after my doctor's appt. Kellen looked a little scared...I don't think he knew what this would mean to him, but Aidan seemed a little more excited and remembers me having a big tummy so he keeps looking for it. I also prepped myself for the "6 year old sex talk" because I just knew Aidan would ask me about it and sure enough, yesterday evening he did. He didn't just want to know where the baby is, but how it gets in there. Whew! I'm so glad I was prepared to give him a good, honest, but not so detailed answer. I think the answer I gave him appeased him too.



As for what they wish for? Aidan goes back and forth on a boy or girl. And Kellen wants a baby.



We're excited and personally I'm looking forward to completing our family (yes no more after this one) and moving on to the next phase of our child-rearing lives.



Oh, and by the way we're set to close on the house on February 28th. We can't wait!

11 comments:

Lesa Ward said...

YEAH!!! I almost emailed you back when I got yours yesterday about the crying... but didn't want to pry! BUT... I am so happy and excited for you! Congratulations to the Scott family!

Kristen said...

I am so excited for you Jyll (and family) I hope you are feeling ok.

Janet + Craig said...

I knew it, I knew that's why you asked me. Congrats! I am so excited for you, hope all goes well. Keep us updated.

I want the details on what satisfied Aidan. Jenni wanted LOTS of details!

Take it easy friend! You deserve it!

Kevin & Chelsey said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you. Hope you are feeling okay, if not, I hope it doesn't last long. I also hope you get a little girl. They are so much fun.

Brenda said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That is fantastic! Little girls are fabulous but there's something about little boys too. My sister has 3 boys and they have such a sweet bond with their mom. We are so happy for you!!!

Meghan said...

Congratulations! What an exciting year for you!

Kristin said...

Jyll! Hello!
Congratulations to you and Rick on your little one on the way!
I love your blog - very cool and a great way to keep in touch.
I hope you all enjoyed a great Christmas and continue to enjoy a very happy 2008.
Drop me a line or email sometime when you have time so we can catch up (sounds like you're busy!).
Best to you, Rick and the boys.
Kristin

Brown Town Mom said...

Congratulations to all of you! We are actually due around the same time! How funny! We drive through Castle Rock a couple times a year and I think of you every time! Girls really are fun but it's sometimes scary to change from what you know. Hopefully everyone will be happy no matter what! Good luck with everything!
Angela Brown

Kerrie said...

I am sooo excited for you! Congratulations. It sounds like all is good with the Scott family, you are going to have an amazing year!Have Fun!

Annie said...

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! I'm so excited for you! Boy or girl, it's all good!

Lori Wright said...

Congratulations!! I'm crossing my fingers that you get a little girl. They are so fun to dress!!!