Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Am I a snob or a cheapskate?

So I'm missing California and all my friends and family a little bit so I decided while Aidan is in school and Kellen is napping I'd check out my friend's blog pages, yikes! My friend Brenda tagged her blogger friends to create a list of 10 things I splurge on and 10 things where I'm a cheapskate. I usually don't fall for these things, but since I found this one interesting I decided to take her up on her challenge.



10 Things we Splurge on:

(in random order)

10. - cars (Rick's really anal when it comes to taking care of our cars. I guess you can say it's a hobby of his)

9. - food (I will buy generic, but I can't get myself to shop at a Super WalMart or Super Target. I miss my Lunardi's and Trader Joe's. I try to avoid buying many processed foods. Not perfect, but I try. If I can't pronounce it I try to avoid it.)

8. - jewelry (I don't wear much jewelry, but what I do wear better be nice.)

7. - diapers (like Brenda, I've tried the cheapies and they don't work. Only Pampers for my kids. They fit their bodies the best.)

6. - furniture (I want something that lasts with two rambunctious boys in tow.)

5. - sunglasses (I need a prescription so I can't go cheap and Rick loves his Maui Jim's. Hey we hang onto them, unless they're crushed in a suitcase to Cabo.)

4. - Electronics (we want something that lasts and works.)

3. - Gas for Rick's car (hey, it requires the highest octane, really. Thankfully my car seems to be fine on the lowest, yippee, cheaper gas in CO....finally)

2. - catfood (I spoiled my cats before kids, now it's a necessity since their tummies are so sensitive)

1. - Vacations (sort've - we like to go to Cabo and take the kids places, but usually we get a good deal on a place - because of our friends in Cabo - or we find a cheap rate when we travel.)



10 Things where I'm a cheapskate

10. - make-up (I don't wear much and can't imagine spending a fortune at the mall, nor do I want to deal with my kids complaining about being some place boring.)

9. - clothes (I love nice clothes and could've added this to the splurge section, but I hate shopping - with kids in tow - so I'll usually pick something up at Target....I really need new clothes. Plus I just can't see myself spending a fortune on clothes for myself.)

8. - laundry detergent - I don't care what brand it is as long as it works.

7. - pampering myself - (what's that anyway. I rarely get a manicure, pedicure, massage, you name it.)

6. - medicine/vitamins - generics fine with me as long as it has the same active ingredients and it's safe.

5. - gas...for my car

4. - movies - we usually wait until they come out on DVD. Besides, what's a babysitter? We haven't found one yet anyway.



Well, I guess I'm more of a snob because I couldn't think of anything else where I'm a cheapskate.



Chelsey, Janet, Tara, Shannon, Deborah, Jen, Peggy - Tag, you're it!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I think we're all snobby cheapskates!