Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Aidan's favorite pasttimes

I was going to label this post as "The Karate Kid" because I have some pictures (see below) of Aidan in his karate (Tae Kwon do) uniform, but I couldn't pass up a picture of Aidan's other pasttime...

watching our new washer and dryer. It's amazing at how intriguing something we adults take for granted is for little children. I guess if you stop to think about it, what a washer and dryer does is pretty cool. It sure makes life that much easier for me. And I need all the help I can get these days with an almost 3 year in the worst stage imaginable. Kellen has tantrums multiple times a day. Screaming at the top of his lungs and throwing things. Have you ever just wanted to drop them off somewhere and pick them up when they are 4? Ages 2-3, not my favorite time as a parent. It's strange how much emotion can come from a little human being. It's like they are possessed. They can be the cutest things and the most evil, how is that possible? Anyway, back to Aidan. (Sorry, can you tell Kellen's just ended yet another tantrum.)



Aidan, unlike all the millions of American children was not interested in soccer, but he was interested in a Karate/Tae Kwon Do class so we decided to check it out. He's only gone 3 times, but he loves it and takes it VERY seriously. I think it's great. I just want him to remain active and find something he loves. He's also taking swim lessons at our community rec. center which is phenomenal. I'll have to take some pictures of the leisure pool. It's amazing.

As for Kellen, besides throwing tantrums constantly, he's just being dragged from one place to another. He's very ready for preschool or something similar, but either it's at a bad time or he's too young. I'm hoping to get him enrolled in something after he turns 3. I think Mom and child will be much happier then.

Ciao!

2 comments:

Penny said...

cute. He probably would have been interested in the olden days when you could turn a handle and watch the clothes get squished or squeezed through the roller arms. As far as the tantrums, perhaps you could just look at Kellen with curiosity and mimic the mouth positions? Don't know, my mom had 3 other siblings beside myself and I don't remember anything about them and there were 4 of us in the space of 7 years.

Brenda said...

Those are the best washers! You can throw triple the amount of laundry in there as a regular washer. Luckyyyyyyyyyyyyy.