Thursday, August 13, 2009

Kellen is a trooper!

My sweet, sweet Kellen had surgery on Wednesday. He needed to have his tonsils and adenoids removed, have ear tubes put in and turbinate performed on his nose. (It shrinks the mucus membranes in his nose.)
Considering all the things done to him he's doing really well and had finally started to gain a bit of an appetite. He told me this afternoon he was hungry (music to my ears). And ate a bowl and a half of ice cream.
It's so hard seeing one of your kids in pain and I feel so helpless, but knowing this should prevent further sicknesses and other breathing problems two weeks being on the down-low should be no problem.

He was trying to be so brave at the surgical center. He was crying a bit, but was trying so hard to hold it in. He's so sweet! I just love him to pieces. I was able to walk back with him to the OR while they put him to sleep. Although they had given him "happy juice" before hand and he was pretty relaxed being wheeled in to the OR it was hard for me to watch him being put to sleep. (Kids his age they use gas.) Broke my heart seeing him struggle for a few seconds trying to push the mask away from his face.
Before the "happy juice" trying to be so brave. Gotta love my bunny suit.


After the "happy juice" kicked in and before he was wheeled into the OR.

2 comments:

Kerrie said...

so glad to hear everything is okay. Ian is our only that one that needed tubes, they were life changing. It was a scary experience but so worth it.

Tara said...

Indeed what a trooper! Sending good healing wishes your way.