Thursday, August 27, 2009

Cute story!

This afternoon me and the younger boys met Aidan at the bus stop. As he and his friend Chase approached us, Chase blurted out, "Aidan swallowed his tooth (a loose one) at lunch today and was crying." So Aidan filled in the details. His friend at school gave him a Laffy Taffy (hate that stuff) and it yanked his tooth out and he swallowed it. He was really, really upset because he didn't think the tooth fairy would leave any money for him since he no longer had a tooth to leave for her. I explained to him all he needs to do is write her a note and I'm sure she'll leave him the money.

Poor little guy. When I got home from the doctor's office this afternoon (btw, Kellen is in the clear to resume normal life after his surgery) there was a missed called from the school. (Don't like seeing that because you don't know what that means....serious, not serious.....) Anyway, I guess it was his teacher calling me, probably hoping I'd be able to talk to Aidan and calm him down and let him know the tooth fairy will still leave him money.

Don't you wish life were so simple? The innocence of childhood.

2 comments:

Raimi said...

Oh, poor guy! It is a good thing that the tooth fairy takes IOU's!
Have a great day!

Kerrie said...

I don't know about your house but the tooth fairy has actually missed our house a couple of times when there are teeth under the pillow. That takes some explaining!