Friday, January 16, 2009

Family Fun/Parents = LOSER

I've been in a bit of a funk. Not an emotional funk, I'm perfectly happy, although some days I must admit I feel like I'm going insane, but all is well at the Scott camp.

However, yesterday I finally had a chance to read/browse through my Family Fun and Parents magazines and boy do I feel like a failure. I've been so unmotivated to do fun creative things with my kids. I guess I'm laying blame on poor little baby Curren, Aidan's homework, a really great series of books I've been reading, and taking time for my new exercise program. I only get little snippets of free time and I use those to catch up on emails/facebook (yes I've become a bit of a facebook junkie), reading and working out in my beloved basement.

Anyway, I digress. The above mentioned magazines have some great crafts in there which I know I won't attempt to do with my kids right now. And they have some really great family time ideas which I must admit I really wanted to do tonight, but once again didn't do. (We had to go to REI to get some must needed items for a trip we're taking this weekend.)

So to make a long post even longer I'm feeling a bit guilty for not being creative with my kids. And I pledge to make a change to that soon. We are taking the kids to the Copper Mountain this weekend and truly I must admit this weekend is dedicated to them (and Rick). Aidan will attempt snowboarding for the first time, Kellen skiing for the first time and Rick will get another chance to go snowboarding. Me, well, I'll be hanging out in the hotel room with Curren. It's all good, but I'm just hoping and praying Curren sleeps (goes to sleep mainly) well in the hotel room. And that he's manageable at the restaurants. He's been pretty hard to take to restaurants lately and I just dread going. Stay tuned on our latest weekend excursion and say a little prayer or send good thoughts my way this weekend, I'll need it.


And since I hate posting without adding a picture here's one of our goofy cat Pico. His new favorite place to sleep these days.

2 comments:

ali k said...

Don't get so down on yourself! I have those same magazine and those same thoughts, especially when I realize they are piling up and I haven't read the past 3 issues!!!! I try to rip out the things that I think would be good and pass the magazines along. I keep the items in a binder hoping that someday I will have time to do them. I have and endless list of things I would like to be doing with the kids and for myself. One day at a time! I'm glad you are all okay from the accident.

Brenda said...

Sometimes I think those magazines are out to make us feel like incompetent mothers. You're doing the best you can and I think you're doing a pretty great job. I'm sure your kids would agree!