Friday, August 6, 2010

School's back in session

Today was Aidan's and Kellen's first day of school. It's a big milestone for Kellen because he started kindergarten today! Now I have two kids at the same school. Yippee! Although kindergarten is half-day so that means if I didn't carpool with my friend I'd be heading to school 3 times a day. Not fun! Because of budget cuts they now charge to ride the bus. I'm boycotting the bus...but I may back down and utilize the bus when the weather turns bad. We'll see.

(Perfect picture of Aidan on the first day. Not overly excited. And when he asked why I was taking picture of him I said, "because it's the first day of school." "No it's not, mom. I am a third grader now.")


(Lining up to go inside. Aidan's teacher is the woman in the white sweater holding the sign.)



(Kellen, a kindergartener now)

(With his teacher, Mrs. Hamilton-Jones who happens to be LDS too.)

(Kellen with his neighborhood, church and now school buddy - Tanner)

5 comments:

Raimi said...

YAY for the 1st day of school. Your boys are darling! We start on Tuesday...we are all excited.

Kristen said...

wow, time does fly! We have budget cuts for bus too but don't know all the details yet. We'll see! good luck!

Brenda said...

Kellen's in kindergarten? Seriously? And I hear you on the bus situation. It's $300 per student here. Luckily, I don't have the weather issues that you do. Happy first day of school boys!

Kir said...

I love it! Aidan's face and comment about school and the first day is just classic! I love it!

Lesa Ward said...

I can't believe how long it has been since we have had any contact - Your family looks great - you look great!! It was fun to catch up on your blog! I may SOMEDAY update mine - you are an inspiration!