Wednesday, October 22, 2008

12:30am, 2am, 3:23am and 5am

What do all these times have in common? Those were the times Curren decided to wake up last night! I think last night was the worst night he slept since he was born. And it especially sucked because the previous two nights he had been sleeping from 9:30-3am straight and then from 3:30am-6:30am. What gives?

Oh and to make matters worse? I heard the older boys scurrying around the house with a flashlight in tow at 5:45am. And if that's not bad enough, Rick's out of town until tomorrow afternoon. So I get to be "on shift" 24/7 for the next two days. Yeah!

Ugh, I have to admit this is the part I dislike most about infants...you never know what kind of night you're going to get. All day today I keep repeating my mantra over the last 3 months, "This is the last one, I'll get through it, this is the last one, I'll get through it."

Here's hoping to a better nights' sleep tonight. It can only get better right?

6 comments:

Brenda said...

I'm sorry Jyll! It seems like they just get a sleeping routine down and then cut teeth, or get sick, or you go on vacation. Good luck tonight!

Janet + Craig said...

Jyll... my heart feels for you. I know exactly where you are at. The chant helps, believe me! Let the older boys wear themselves out somehow late this evening so at least they won't add to whatever kind of night the LAST baby sends your way. Here's hoping...

Kerrie said...

happy sleeping tonight! good luck!

Meghan said...

I feel your pain -Jackson is finally stretching to 3 hours at night, but I'd go for 8! Hang in there while Rick is gone!

thomalee said...

sorry!! babies are so sweet (and so exhausting sometimes :) Our latest is Joshua wanting to be up for the day somewhere around 5am...yeah right! Hope you have a better night tonight!

Brown Town Mom said...

Oh man I feel your pain. Ours had a 12:30,1:30,2:30 and 3:30 night the other night. That was after a week of only waking up at 12:30 after going to bed at 6:30! That was a glorious week.....I keep telling myself-One more. Not one more child but one more time of: infancy,potty-training, but also first steps, smiles, giggles. Hopefully it will help me so I can breathe a sigh of relief when she's 2 and semi-independent. Oh man-one more two year old! Yipee!