Saturday, August 11, 2007

The last good-byes...until next time

The last couple of weeks before heading out to Colorado was filled with last playdates, dinner dates, and precious time spent with our California family. Here are some pictures highlighting those fun events.

Dinner at Sonoma Chicken Coop with my wonderful Mulberry friends - Shirley, Melisa and Christine. Those 2 years at Mulberry were unforgettable because of these wonderful ladies. Shirley's Aidan and my Aidan were best buddies and BIG trouble makers in the 4-day class. Thankfully Teacher Paula loved them:). And of course, Christine was my babysitting buddy. She would watch Kellen while I worked at Mulberry and then I'd watch Zander while she worked her day at the school. And Melisa, the one I could always count on for support and a great laugh on my work day.
A last playdate with Aidan C. and the younger siblings. We had a fun filled, water-packed day at Shirley's house. Zander and Christine were able to come and enjoy the day, but Zoe (another friend from Mulberry) was at a summer camp. It was really hard for Aidan to say good-bye to Aidan C. On the way home from his house Aidan kept saying he didn't want to move and just wanted to play with Aidan again and again and again. What do you say to that?

We also had a wonderful picnic with Rick's side of the family at Oak Meadow Park in Los Gatos. The kids hardly ate anything good for them. I realized after Kellen ate a cupcake for dinner that he also had junk food for lunch that day too. What a wonderful mom I am? Too much packing on the brain I guess. But other than that, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and enjoy just playing with the kids at the park. I know Aidan and Kellen loved playing with Aunt Susie and Uncle Ryan.




We were also able to meet up with the Aochi family one last time at Parma Park in San Jose. Miranda and Aidan have known each other since they were infants. Christine (Miranda's and Jason's mom) and I met at Good Sam's mom's group. I think that group saved my life. I looked forward to meeting with all the new mom's every week. Eventually Christine and I started a babysitting swap between the two oldest kids and then once Jason and Kellen arrived we threw them into the mix too. Anyway, the park day with all four of them was fun. They ran around the park playing on the play structure and then spent a lot of time at the water feature. Miranda and Aidan then Jason and Kellen entertained everyone at the park with a little music.



And last, but definitely not least (I know a dumb cliche, but very true) a good-bye dinner with the Coy and Nelson family. Rick and I have known Deborah, Shaun, Jen and Walt since '93. All before we were married. Lots of memories with them and too many to mention, but after 12+ years of marriage for all of us and 9 kids between all of us we're still great friends. Even though we may not see each other often (even when I lived in Cali - we were all running around in different directions with our own kids) we will always be friends and will always keep in touch. Who knows, maybe I can convince them to move to Colorado:)







No comments: